This is my first time posting here since I am a bit lost...
I am working with a development team on building a custom CMS for my business. I do have somewhat limited knowledge in the matter so bear with me. The website is shop.geekdesign.ba and the idea was to have my customers log in and make orders, for me to assign the orders to people in my company and for them to send it to the client once it is done. But that is not important since everything inside of the system works dandy.
The issue is that if I have multiple users loged in at the same time, their sessions get mixed up. Here is the catch:
1. This issue does NOT happen on the test server of the web developers, so I doubt it is the code.
2. I have contacted my hosting provider and they have moved the system on a server with nginx set up, and they assured me it was set up properly since they have done it for other customers in the past.
But the issue persists. I have turned the google upside down, and it can be all sort of things. I am willing to provide any code or anything else you guys might ask. I do suspect it does save some sort of cache but I'm not sure how or why.
Let me know if you have any ideas.
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
What exactly do you mean by "sessions get mixed up"? Can you clarify which behaviour of the site led you to believe that things got "mixed up"?
By mixed up I mean when two users log into it, and browse the system, their sessions get mixed up, they see what the other user sees, and viceversa. When they enter the settings for example, both of them, and click refresh a few times, their settings information gets switch up, one of them sees the name, password and everything else from the other one.
I have tested this on the same PC, 2 pcs on the same network, and even 2 pcs on different ISP in different towns, it happens still.
But again, it does not happen on the test server, but only on the live server.
Please inform your users as soon as possible about this then, and try to suspend the service until the problem is fixed, since it's a serious issue.
Since you are using a custom CMS that we don't know about I think your best bet is to contact a professional to resolve the issue for you.
Hey Mark, yea I did suspend it, this just came out of development phase. The thing is that the web developers say the code is OK since it runs without the issue on their test server, and the host provider says the server is OK since it already runs similar things without an issue...
I have already bought another hosting provider to see if it gets resolved (they have 30 day money back).. So I will check if that fixes the issue.
It is made in php, hosted on a linux server.
It is extremely hard to pinpoint this, since the host and developer are playing ping pong on one another.
I am waiting for the new hosting to be set up so I can test it out there.