Total 23181 (delta 13786), reused 21538 (delta 12389)
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
I added all of the files into the .gitignore, and in the git ls-files the only file is the .gitignore, but it still tries to push the entire 23,000+ objects and im not sure why. I need help.
I think there is a gap in my understanding because from what I thought I understood and what I have tested would show that only the files in the ls-files are pushed, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I thought -rm --cashed would prevent the files from being pushed, but all of the files are still trying to be pushed, so I would like to understand where my gap in understanding is, so that I can troubleshoot more effectively and fix this problem as well.
I have googled around and found multiple proclaimed solutions and things to try, which I have tried, non have led me any closer to fixing the issue.