Sometimes I have the previous run pulled up and then later on I commit changes triggering a new run. Then I *sometimes* notice that *some* of the data for that previous run gets overwritten and mixed in with the state from the new run. See below where it shows started 2 hours ago - that was the previous run and the log started updating with results from the new run. I'd only expect those websocket type updates to auto refresh if I'm not on a previous run. Or if they are going to overwrite, to update all the data so it's consistent with one run or the other.
When the start time is shown incorrectly, please check with the below items:
1. Try refreshing the logs page to see whether the start time will be back to correct.
2. On the "All workflows", whether the start time is shown correctly.
3. After the workflow compelted, whether the start time and run duration are correct.
I also tested on my several repositories, however I never reproduced the same problem. If possible, you can share your repository with us, so that we can check more details about the workflow runs.
1. I'm aware I can refresh to get around, just trying to let Github know there's a bug here. But maybe this isn't the right place for that?
2. Yes it's okay on all workflows, only an issue if on a prior run
3. Start time, duration, etc. are correct at the end if you're loading the latest run. If you have an old run up, I'm not sure. I don't stick around to the end when I realize the site is mixing 2 different runs together - I navigate back to all and then to the latest
It's more than an issue of the times being wrong though. The logs get overwritten too of the old run. It's not necessarily every time though. Try this - run an action, open up the run details. Leave the computer for a couple hours or so with that run open. Kick off the action again with a new push, see if the runs get mixed. I think there may be a time element here in play
There's nothing particularly special about my action and I've seen this behavior on multiple actions. But in any event it's this one.
Just wondering, if you go to the Actions tab in your repo, do you see any abnormal run times for any workflows? We're running into a weird issue, I'm wondering if it's somehow related.
It's definitely possible, but it confuses me that sometimes you see the same branch in the list multiple times, so I assumed each re-run would create a new entry.
We've also seen our usage of minutes go up significantly, so I'm wondering if this bug could affect billing.