I'm currently developing an internal Github App for our organization and everything has been working out great so far.
Today I wanted to add the Status event subscription to the app in order to implement some logic related to the corresponding webhooks, however I cannot click the Status checkbox in the settings page of my app under Subscribe to events. When I try to, an error message appears on the right hand side saying Change privileges to be able to select events.
I tried to give access to pretty much everything on another sample app to see if I missed some permissions but I can't find any solution... Any idea what the issue could be?
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Solved! Go to Solution.
Unfortunately not at the moment. However I contacted GH support and they said they're investigating but there's no ETA, so I assume it's something on their end.
I postponed the changes that required permission changes as I don't really want to recreate the app, so I hope it gets fixed soon.
I'll post here when I get updates 👍
I might have found a solution that seems to be working for me for now, feel free to give it a try.
Note that I got the permissions updated notification on my repos, so keep in mind that your users might get the permission updated alert as well while doing this.
- Go to your app permissions and events page
- Make sure the permission related to your event - at the top of the page under "Repository permissions" - is disabled (e.g. Pull Request for the Pull Request Review event). If it's enabled temporarily disable it.
- Save changes
- Go back to permissions and events
- Enable the permission again
- DO NOT save changes, but scroll down and look for the event you want your app to be subscribed to
- Select it and now it should be working
- Save changes