What’s a sensible action to take if a request has no updates from a GitHub representative? For example, I’ve just been looking for an answer to the question raised here
and the thread seems not to have had any updates in a number of years. As a GitHub community user, I’m unclear whether this means
- GitHub is working on a fix
- GitHub considers the issue is actually a desired feature and therefore won’t be fixed
- There are blockers to fixing the issue
- GitHub considers the issue too low priority
- GitHub is no longer aware of the request
It would help a lot to have an update from GitHub about what the status of such requests is.
I could contact GitHub support directly for this, but I don’t think that’s what they intend support to be for.