Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- How to use Git and GitHub | How to install github files after downloading
- GitHub Pages | github pages new page downloads something issue
- GitHub API Development and Support | GITHUB_WORKSPACE not mounted in Actions Docker container
- GitHub API Development and Support | New User: Need help with repository vulnerability alerts
- Project Development Help and Advice | filtering and plotting data
New to the GitHub Community Forum:
- GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | Enforcing 2FA on an Enterprise account with a separate IDP
- Events | Featured Event: js13kGames 2019
From the GitHub Blog:
GitHub Actions now supports CI/CD, free for public repositories
Since we introduced GitHub Actions last year, the response has been phenomenal, and developers have created thousands of inspired workflows. But we’ve also heard clear feedback from almost everyone: you want CI/CD!
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.