Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources.
You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- GitHub Actions | Ruby: World-writable directory in PATH.
- GitHub Actions | problem matcher not found in Docker action
- GitHub Actions | Using exit code of previous step
- GitHub Actions | Tag push jobs are not being triggered
- GitHub Actions | Add/remove label to/from pull request
- GitHub Actions | GitHub Actions Not Run on PR Generated by GitHub Actions
- GitHub Programming Help and Discussion | I’m new to React, how come I get [object Object] all the time?
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
GitHub Community Profiles | Meet GitHub’s Education Director: Vanessa Gennarelli AKA @Mozzadrella
GitHub Events | GitHub Universe November 13-14, 2019
New Community Forum Leaders program | Community Forum Leaders program details
GitHub Support Pro Tips | GitHub Sponsors FAQ
From the GitHub Blog
Have you always wanted to participate in a hackathon? It’s time for Major League Hacking’s (MLH) annual Local Hack Day!
Take a look at our annual Octoverse report, showing that the world’s software is built by a global community, one that’s growing, evolving, and increasingly interconnected.
Here you will find a few highlights of actions published to GitHub Marketplace.
- Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.