Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
In case you missed it, we’ve launched our very first challenge in the Community Forum: the GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge! Check out the challenge page for more information on how you can participate.
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Automatic Community Website Login
- Is it possible to open a sound file?
- How to delete languages in details?
- Copyright Infringement Detection
- Importing a repository and deleting original
- Where to create issues about GitHub itself?
- Moving repositories from outside to github and making everything work again.
- Why does github merge base into feature branch after conflict?
- Push event without any ref update
- Pull Request of a revert in a protected branch
- Beginner Question.
- Project site while using CNAME on Org site
- How can I tell when a private repo was changed to public?
- How to put subfolders in a folder??
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
- Contest | GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge
- Event feature | “Communicating using Markdown” course on GitHub Learning Lab
Coming soon in the GitHub Community Forum:
- Support Protips (Previously titled ‘Support Series’) | Using Project boards for task management
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.