Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
March is almost over, and April’s almost here!
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, and what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Clarification questions about GitHub’s “contributor” badge and “first time contributor” badge
- Restrictions on released binaries?
- How to remove all git lfs files and downgrade the plan
- How do you simply share text?
- Installing an app
- Is this the right place to post feature requests?
- Cloning is very slow in my university network
- Is git LFS compatible with SVN client support on GitHub?
New in the GitHub Original Series:
- Studies in Community | How to tell when something is a Code of Conduct violation
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.