Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
Our first challenge is complete! Congratulations to all of the participants! Check out the details in this post: GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge Complete!
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- What is the
single_file_namein Github App installation?
- Publish Repo to GitHub Team/Organization on GitHub Desktop
- How can I download a specific branch from a GitHub repo?
- Looking for newbie forum for markdown syntax ??
- Keep latest updates after mirror
- exclude a folder from Download zip but not from tracking
- Markdown problems with creating github ReadMe documentation.
- Issues with Jekyll theme: particles
- Clip path not showing on published page
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
Support Protips | Best practices for search
Studies in Community | The X/Y problem
Event feature |GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge Complete
Event feature | GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge Feedback Thread
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.