Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
This here is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- Separate blog per project?
- Link markdown not working in tag/release notes
- Start of work with Git
- Smee: command not found
- Github projects, issues and pull requests
- Get a problem with node-rolling-spider module…
- Retrieve abandoned username
- Github pages stuck on - Update_config.yml #6 - asking theme change to minima
- RE: fatal: The current branch master has no upstream branch. | and also ‘https://gitbuh.com/MyName’
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
Studies in Community | Shaming and why it is inappropriate
GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | Understanding your graphs part 1 - System Health
Coming soon in the GitHub Community Forum:
- Support Protips | How to write a bug report
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.