Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- GitHub Actions | Where is visual editor?
- GitHub Actions | how to use VC100 for MSBuild?
- GitHub Learning Lab | Delete a draft course
- GitHub Actions | Why is my release workflow being skipped from running?
- GitHub Actions | Unable to publish actions to the GitHub Marketplace
- GitHub Actions | Proposal to enable Unique Icon for actions using GITHUB_TOKEN
- GitHub API | Download from GitHub Package Registry without authentication
- GitHub Actions | Action doesn’t understand the ‘secrets’ syntax copied from the documentation
- GitHub Actions | Need help with conditional workflows using paths
Comming soon to the Community Forum:
- GitHub Community Profiles | Meet GitHub’s Education Director Vanessa Gennarelli
From the GitHub Blog
For the third year in a row, the GitHub Education team surveyed students and teachers who joined GitHub’s educational programs. This year, we asked former students—people who joined our programs in 2014 through 2016—about where they ended up after their time as a student. We received responses from nearly 16,000 students and 100 educators.
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.