Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, and what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Getting “SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain” on pull
- Creating Repositories in Organizations via API
- push declined due to email privacy restrictions
- Automatic pull from the specific branch to my development environment server
- Passing long body to issues/new?title=body=
- How to structure git for production and development webserver environment?
- Writer Looking for Volunteer Technical Writing Projects
- How to deal with GDPR on github pages based blogs?
- 404 for just one file?
- Markdown images problem
- My github page SSL
- github issues filters could set custom syntax
- Any event or plugin to validate changes when creating pull request
- Newbie question re best tool for application to import/export data to/from Excel
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
- New Contest | GitHub Learning Lab Explorer Challenge
- Event Feature | “Moving your project to GitHub” course in GitHub Learning Lab
- Community Feature Update | Intro to Community ranks and badges
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.