Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, and what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Shallow copy of Github issues between two private repos
- Search Code API: Exclude repositories from org?
- Windows symlinks: do they play well with Git projects?
- Not getting emails about new issues, only mentions, despite correct settings (I think)
- CODEOWNERS works with users but not teams
- GitHub project wiki editor not shown on Android - bug or just not available?
- Add File to Repository
- How do I create new branch in GitHub ?
- Error to use a NPM module.
- Why is my bootstrap website not responsive after uploading it in github?
- custom domain only works for homepage
- Cannot access nested pages
- Where to report a repository security issue?
New in the GitHub Original Series and Events:
- Support Series | Getting Started with GitHub Part III: Account security best practices
- Event Feature | Constellation Los Angeles 2018
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.