Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
This here is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, and what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Do not require owner approval if the pull request is from an owner?
- How can I correct this mistake, please see screen shot
- Simple way to import GitHub repository without history
- Blockchain bookkeeping for crypto owners
- Research about GitHub
- Can I configure the file finder to index directories named “build”?
- GitHub Branch Policies?
- How to Free local hard disk space?
- CoC use
- Repo Wiki Contributors
- When a project contains pieces that could be separate projects, how do I proceed?
- Data Plan
New in the GitHub Original Series:
- Studies in Community | Types of Communities
- Support Series | Getting started with GitHub Pages Part IV: Customizing your Pages site
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.