Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- How to Use Git and GitHub | Cannot set hook from Azure DevOps
- GitHub Actions | Stuck on “starting your workflow run”
- GitHub Pages | Where is this text/link coming from?
- GitHub Actions | Confused with “runs-on” and “container” options
- GitHub Actions | Pushing Actions changes via Github Desktop
- GitHub Actions | Where can I see billing info for GitHub Actions?
- GitHub Actions | showing github.token(probably same as GITHUB_TOKEN) is intentional?
- GitHub Actions | Is there a way to delete or hide old/renamed Workflows?
- GitHub Actions | How to pass environment variable to an input?
- GitHub Actions | Github Actions for org (private) repo ?
- How to Use Git and GitHub | How do I “merge” all my local repo and overwrite what’s shown on github?
- GitHub Actions | Cache a Docker image built in workflow
- How to Use Git and GitHub | Can’t upload to Repository. remote: Repository not found.
- How to Use Git and GitHub | Github Desktop Error when pushing/syncing/pulling
- GitHub Actions | Package not found in the Github Registry
- GitHub Pages | My page shows fine locally but on github the theme is gone and the links are broken
New in the Community Forum:
- Support Pro-Tips | Keeping Your Account Safe With 2FA Fallbacks
From the GitHub Blog
At GitHub, our mission is to build the global platform for developer collaboration—one that all of us can use to secure the world’s software, together.
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.