Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- GitHub Actions | Github Action trigger on release not working if releases was created by automation?
- GitHub Actions | Running build tasks on a PR “on-demand”
- GitHub Actions | Use variables in upload-artifact
- GitHub Actions | Bug? Trouble with If Conditional Expression Groupings
- GitHub Actions | What is the event for commit on specific file ?
- GitHub Actions | How to determine which milestone was closed
- GitHub Actions | Workflow context when triggered by issue_comment
- GitHub Actions | Services: use a newly built container?
- GitHub Actions | Build log redaction is too aggressive
- GitHub Actions | workflows must be defined on master?
- GitHub API Development and Support | Unable to download dependency from GitHub Package Registry
From the GitHub Blog
Join us for Game Off on November 1, where you can create your own game, learn a new technology, and even collaborate on something over the weekends with friends.
Now you can automatically link references to external systems with GitHub Pro, Team, and Enterprise plans.
Check out a few of our favorite GitHub Actions created by our partners at Mabl, Codefresh, GorillaStack, and GitKraken.
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.