Weekly Welcome 18 January, 2019
Hello GitHub Community Forum
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events. We want this community to be a place you want to engage and enjoy visiting!
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great Community Forum resources to help you get started. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- How merge without Pull Request?
- Github App Rate Limit using client_id and client_secret
- how do you add a logo and description to a topic?
- “Ghost” Jekyll theme after deleting _config.yml
- Cannot get an AWS Action to run in the correct region
- GitHub Pages with Jekyll - issue with twitter id (?)
- Occasionally getting 504 proxy-timeout
- Bug or feature? No way to create Pull Request using github website using Windows Vista?
- Is there a way to turn off the pro label without downgrading my plan?
- What is best way to revert commit?
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
- Support Pro-Tips | Best practices for Open Source Software Contributions
- Support Protips | Contributing with GitHub Desktop
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.