Hello GitHub Community Forum!
This here is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- RESTv3: How to GET merged pull requests?
- GitHub Desktop - I’ve screwed up!
- Tips for folks transitioning from the old platform forums?
- Looking for advice to join an open-source project
- Jekyll themes
- GET /event equivalent for v4?
- Making my website responsive for all devices
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
- GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | When not to use pre-receive hooks
Coming soon in the GitHub Community Forum:
- GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | Understanding your graphs - Part 3
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.