Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- How to use Git and GitHub | How Github works with communicating to project admins/OP
- GitHub Pages | GitHub Pages Builds Fail
- GitHub Pages | Internal links in footnotes
- GitHub Pages | How do you push changes to your GitHub page without deleting everything and re-uploading it?
- How to use Git and GitHub | Github Actions workspace is empty
- How to use Git and GitHub | Feature request: make it harder for an org member to create public repos
- How to use Git and GitHub | How to exclude search results?
- How to use Git and GitHub | Bugs in programs
- How to use Git and GitHub | Free open source organization account
New to the GitHub Community Forum:
- GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | Enforcing 2FA on an Enterprise account with a separate IDP
From the GitHub Blog
We want to help you get to Universe 2019, and we’re thrilled to once again announce our 2019 GitHub Universe Inclusivity Scholarship Program. This year, GitHub Universe is at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco from November 13-14—and we’d love to see you there.
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.