Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- How to use Git and GitHub | Github Desktop - New Install - No Repos - Error: Bad Credentials
- GitHub Actions | Gradle Action Stuck on QUEUED Forever
- GitHub Actions | Action stuck for 4 days with Local Runner (Windows)
- GitHub Actions | self-hosted runner update protocol?
- GitHub Actions | New Failing Step Automatically added by github actions for my workflow?
- GitHub Actions | How to turn off GitHub Actions for a repo?
- GitHub Actions | Self-hosted runners specific to repository?
- GitHub Actions | How to use docker-compose with GitHub Actions?
- GitHub Actions | What happened to github.event.head_commit.modified?
- GitHub Actions | Github token lifetime?
- GitHub Actions | Labeled action on pull_request
- GitHub Actions | Workflow is failing if no job can be ran due to condition
- GitHub Actions | Has github action somthing like travis_fold?
- GitHub Actions | Evaluate expressions in with-configuration
- GitHub Actions | NPM Install from GH Packages: works locally but not in GH action
- GitHub Actions | Some repos work with actions, others don’t
- GitHub Actions | Push from Action does not trigger subsequent action
- GitHub Actions | Can’t view log for failed action
- GitHub API Development and Support | graphql cursor pagination; cursor changing on new entries
- GitHub API Development and Support | GitHub App permissions for GraphQL query
From the GitHub Blog
On Day Two of GitHub Universe 2019, we announced GitHub Security Lab to bring together security researchers, maintainers, and companies across the industry who share our belief that the security of open source is important for everyone.
As we celebrate Actions becoming generally available, check out some of the ways teams are contributing to Actions—and how you can start automating more of your workflow.
It’s our favorite time of year: GitHub Universe. And we’ve made some exciting announcements. GitHub Actions and Packages are now out of beta, we launched GitHub for mobile, redesigned the notifications experience, and introduced lots of other features we think you’ll love.
We’re proud to share the progress we’ve made over the past year and the work we’re doing to grow our diverse workforce.
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.