Hello GitHub Community Forum!
This is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Checking out individual files with Visual Studio plug-in
- Relationship of ‘base’ and ‘master’.
- What are the green ++ and red – symbols?
- Why does markdown in issues respect line breaks
- Migrating from Azure DevOps Repos to Github private repos
- How to reopen GitHub Security Alert?
- Getting Branches to same level as master
- Can github access content in private repositories?
- Create GitHub Page via REST API v3
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
- GitHub Enterprise Best Practices | Releases in GitHub Enterprise Server
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.