Hello GitHub Community Forum
This is our Weekly Welcome, where we’d like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great Community Forum resources to help you get started. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!† If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- How to use Git and GitHub | How to send and receive pull requests
- How to use Git and GitHub | Issues included by “author:somebody” not the same as the ones excluded by “-author:somebody”
- GitHub Pages | Can I use github pages blog as my personal blog (not related to development, programming, etc)?
- GitHub Learning Lab | Stuck on markdown portfolio
- Programming Help and Discussion | Getting selected item from DataGridComboBoxColumn C# XAML
- Programming Help and Discussion | Python NoneType object of builtin module
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
New Challenge | The Noops Challenge
Ongoing Challenge | Favorite Atom Tweaks Challenge
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here. Your GitHub Community Forum Team
† Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.