Hello GitHub Community Forum :smileyvery-happy:
Welcome! We strive to make this a place where peers can inspire, learn and grow together. Reading this post means you are one of the first people to engage with the Community Forum. We are so happy you are here! We look forward to getting to know you and growing together.
This here is our Weekly Welcome post, where we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, and what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you!
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and Popular Topics:
- Any real open source project for beginners to contribute to?
- Fragments for CommonMark headings
- Reminding someone to review your pull request
- Startup on Github
- Favicon with github pages
- Github forgets about my custom domain every time I update the website
- Github pages does not display repositories other than the original
- New GitHub Original Series article - Support Series | What the Fork?
- A new Conversations board for getting help from fellow GitHub users on your projects
Welcome to the GitHub Community Forum! We’re happy you’re here.
Your GitHub Community Forum Team
*Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.