Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources. You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- GitHub Actions | Cannot trigger workflow on pull request
- GitHub Actions | Why use setup-python action instead of a python container?
- GitHub Actions | Secrets in matrix
- GitHub Actions | Tag creation trigger not working with lerna publish
- GitHub Actions | Github Actions bot automatically rebased my PR
- GitHub Actions | How to set and access a Workflow variable?
- GitHub Actions | Args not being passed to action hosted as container on dockerhub
- GitHub Actions | Use a job-level conditional/if to check command output
- GitHub Actions | How to test pushing to GitHub Package Registry via a GitHub Action?
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
Support Protips | GitHub Sponsors FAQ
GitHub Community Profiles | Meet Director of GitHub Education Vanessa Gennarelli
GitHub Actions Advent Calendar | GitHub Actions Day 1: CI/CD Triggers
From the GitHub Blog
GitHub’s Black Employee Resource Group, Blacktocats, recently hosted our first hackathon event in Africa. Over 100 mid-level and senior software engineers attended the CodeNaija Hackathon 2019 event in Lagos, Nigeria, on Saturday and Sunday, October 26-27.
The GitHub Enterprise listing in the AWS Marketplace was announced at the AWS re:Invent Global Partner Summit. It was one of a few mentioned by Dave McCann during the keynote section covering 100 new Q4 Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
* Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.