Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources.
You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- GitHub Actions | How to build project targeting Net35 with GitHub Actions
- GitHub Actions | Checkout of private submodules is broken
- GitHub Actions | Is there an event for Security Alerts?
- GitHub Actions | Question about ‘on pull_request’ build workflow behavior
- GitHub API | Edit profile through the API?
- GitHub API | GET organization members via API doesn’t return beyond the first page of members listed on website
- GitHub API | Download from Github Package Registry without authentication
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
GitHub Community Profiles | Meet GitHub’s Education Director: Vanessa Gennarelli AKA @Mozzadrella
GitHub Events | GitHub Universe November 13-14, 2019
New Community Forum Leaders program | Community Forum Leaders program details
Coming soon to the Community Forum:
- GitHub Support Pro Tips | GitHub Sponsors FAQ
From the GitHub Blog
Marker.io built an integration that adds additional bug reporting functionality to GitHub. Gary Gaspar, CEO and Co-founder at Marker.io, shares how you can streamline your bug reporting and issue reviewing workflows in this post.
- Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.