Hello GitHub Community Forum!
In this weekly post, we like to welcome new members to the GitHub Community Forum and make it easy to find out about some of the week’s hottest topics and important events.
Please make yourself at home and start exploring all the different areas of the Community Forum. We have some great resources to help you get started; you can find those listed in our Community Forum Resources.
You can also find out about current and future events by checking out the information below.
And if you’re so inclined, don’t forget to say hello!* If you’re new here, reply to this topic and introduce yourself. You can share a little about who you are, what language you like to code in or learn more about, what you want to learn about using GitHub, and/or what you hope to get out of the Community Forum. We look forward to hearing from you.
This Week’s Happenings
Helpful and popular topics:
- How to use Git and GitHub | I have a sponsor, how can I thank him?
- GitHub API Development and Support | Github package registry - Private package not found
- GitHub Actions | Help a newbie: How to execute an executable?
- GitHub Actions | Secret with special/escape characters fails when used
- GitHub Actions | Set environment variable based on git branch
- GitHub Actions | runner configuration without prompt
- GitHub Actions | MSBuild.exe (Visual Studio 2019) on Windows-latest is not in system PATH
- GitHub Actions | Multiple builds with different environments variables but not as a matrix
New in the GitHub Community Forum:
New Community Forum Leaders program | Community Forum Leaders program details
From the GitHub Blog
Keep GitHub Enterprise Server secure with our recommendations for security best practices, from password protection to logging and auditing.
Join us at AWS re:Invent from December 2-6 to learn more about how GitHub and AWS work together.
* _Note: If you want to say “hi” to your fellow Community members, we encourage you to do so! However, please say hello in a reply to this Topic, instead of opening a brand new Topic. We try to reserve Topics for specific questions, idea discussion, or information sharing. Moving forward, any “Hello”-type Topics will be locked, and the author will be redirected to the most recent Weekly Welcome to introduce themselves to the Community.