I have a script that gets kicked off during an action that installs some packages for a custom OpenLDAP configuration. Just today I started to get this error when running apt:
Reading package lists...
W: Conflicting distribution: https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/microsoft-ubuntu-bionic-prod bionic InRelease (expected bionic but got stable)
Full error is here: https://github.com/FreeDSx/LDAP/runs/346718089
Seems like some kind of issue with the ubuntu-latest image?
I am having the same problem
I added “|| exit 0” to my apt-get update command which is allowing my workflow to work.
obviously, that won’t help if you depend on the particular repository that’s failing but it should help in some cases until the underlying issue is resolved.
This looks like a GitHub bug. I was able to work around it by running this command before any apt-get commands.
sudo rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dotnetdev.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/microsoft-prod.list
For example, see this commit.
I tried this again with –allow-releaseinfo-change and got the following message:
Err:34 https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/microsoft-ubuntu-bionic-prod bionic/main amd64 Packages
File has unexpected size (84552 != 156065). Mirror sync in progress? [IP: 188.8.131.52 443]
Microsoft repository might have another problem?
I guess that the core issue is in the dotnet’s apt repository that are serving buggy files, see https://github.com/dotnet/core/issues/3988 .
insert this line before sudo apt update:
for apt_file in
grep -lr microsoft /etc/apt/sources.list.d/; do sudo rm $apt_file; done
Same here. Not a change that I expect to a CI system.
Same here - this seems to me to be the perfect example of why you should always run your jobs inside a well-defined container instead of inheriting whatever vm github puts you in.
Happy to be corrected on this matter though.
Thanks for the report and the patience! We’re investigating this issue and will post back when we have an update.
The recent changes that caused this issue have been reverted and individual feeds are being fixed so they can be used again. You can follow the latest status here: https://github.com/dotnet/core/issues/3995. Thank you all again for the patience!