- Can I use the views under traffic as count of people viewed my repository or the website?
The traffic insights inside your repository only relate to view of your repository on GitHub.com, not views of your Pages site.
- My visit to my repository also count as a visit?
No, viewing your own repository while signed in doesn’t count towards this data.
- What’s the difference between unique visitors and visitors?
Unique visitors are counts how many different people have visited your repository page.
If your regular visitors count is higher than your unique visitors count this means that some people have visited this repository on more than one occasion.
- Who are cloners?
Cloners are people that have cloned (downloaded) your site’s code to their computer.
- What is the difference between unique cloners and cloners?
Similar to visitors and unique visitors, if cloners is higher than unique cloners this means that some people have cloned your repository more than once.
- Is there any way to know how many visitors visited my website?
GitHub doesn’t track visits to Pages sites. To track this data you’ll need to use a 3rd party tool like Google Analytics.