In brief, my workflow looks like this:
- Build 2 different container images with required software packages
- Run these container as 2 services
- Run tests, which accesses both these service containers
As per the official documentation, these images are pulled from docker hub.
So, my questions are:
- Does GH actions support running service containers using the image created from the current (or previous) job, that runs as part of the commit/PR?
- If #1 is not feasible, the fallback approach I’m thinking of is to upload the image to quay.io registry, rather than dockerhub. Can GH action upload container images to quay.io?
- Can service containers use image from quay.io?