Just an unexpected behavior report.
Steps to reproduce:
- I open a PR
- Someone reviews and comments on a line of code
- I type in a reply but I don’t click “Comment” yet
- I click “Resolve conversation” below the reply box
- The conversation is resolved and minimized
- https: [slash slash] i.imgur [dot] com/2DwgNl8.png
- I open it back up and my comment is gone
Either I can open up the conversation and my draft reply is still there, or the conversation isn’t minimized when I resolve it but still have text in the “Leave a comment” box. Or maybe I’m not allowed to resolve a conversation while having text in the box? Not sure. But the current behavior caused me to lose work a few times now when writing a comment that also resolves the conversation.
- I was logged in
- This happened on an old repo I was using to test (Create LICENSE by qubist · Pull Request #1 · qubist/aqo · GitHub) as well as other repos.
- I don’t think there’s documentation for this.
PS: limitations on number of embedded screenshots and links in a post makes in really hard to post detailed bug reports with pictures