Apologies if this query is not in the correct place - I’m new to the Community. I’ve a hopefully brief query I’d love some help with. Here’s the problem:
I want to read at least one e-mail sent to the
users.no-reply.github.com e-mail address generated by GitHub for me.
Here’s the context:
- My GitHub account is set to keep my e-mail address private. This substitutes a generated e-mail address (
74914999+JoshSinyor@users.noreply.github.com) for my private e-mail address when committing changes to GitHub repositories, so I don’t expose my private e-mail address to crawlers and the like.
- I created a GPG Key (3F24B1A65AE0335F3642F048D8936ACB0B57B5DB) to sign and verify my GitHub commits.
- I don’t particularly want my GPG key to expose my private e-mail address either, so I used the
74914999+JoshSinyor@users.noreply.github.come-mail address for my GPG key too.
- Some GPG keyservers (e.g. the de-facto standard, https://keys.openpgp.org/) require verification of uploaded keys to associate a user ID with it.
- Verification is achieved by e-mailing the e-mail address associated with the key.
- Until that verification is completed, my key is listed without my user ID. Here’s an example return:
To resolve this, I want to read at least one e-mail sent to my
74914999+JoshSinyor@users.noreply.github.com e-mail address.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!