Pages no longer updates with repo

At some point the github page for my repo no longer updates and is far behind HEAD. I’ve tried switching which branch pages uses and pushing small changes to index pages without any luck.

I’m using curl to avoid any browser cache issues and diffing the output with the current master branch file. It’s been a month since any updates have shown up, but this example has 25 minutes between change and http get.

The github page settings suggest everything is up and running on the correct branch.
The repo uses <50Mb of storage.

I’m at a loss for how to debug

It looks like your build is failing, with the error

  Error: fatal: No url found for submodule path 'results/HabitModelVBA' in .gitmodules
  Error: The process '/usr/bin/git' failed with exit code 128

Hopefully that gives you a starting point in debugging what’s happening

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t know there were logs for page builds. Should have checkout all the tabs first. That was much easier than I anticipated.

git rm --cached results/HabitModelVBA/ # && commit && push

Pages on Actions is a recent release, so its very unfamiliar to pretty much everyone. Glad that helped you get things moving again :slight_smile: