deleting Readme.md worked well, thank you so much :)
For those having trouble with this, renaming “index.html” to “index.htm” worked for me.
This did the trick for me (makes me wonder how the routing works here), and I don’t have a README, just the the default LICENSE file and a couple html file scattered around the root dir as I was doing a basic test on a repo created some months ago
FWIW this is still an issue in 2021.
- I created the default README.md file when I created the project.
- Created the index.html file.
- .io was blank. .io/index.html shows content.
- Deleted the README.md file.
- .io page shows content.
- Recreated an identical (i.e. empty) README.md file.
- .io page still shows content.
Go figure. ¯_(ツ)_/¯