I just recently completed Colt Steele’s Web Developer Bootcamp on Udemy. As part of the course you build a node app called “YelpCamp”. I decided to create a YelpCamp spinoff of sorts using what I learned. I just finished up the first version and would love some feedback.
My app is called “VistaMaps”, it’s essentially a tool for sharing and finding scenic viewpoints. You can upload “vistas” - each of which contains a photograph, location, description, directions, rating, etc. As of now it’s more or less just a portfolio of photographs I’ve taken haha. That being said, I plan on making improvements as I further my development skills.
- curious about ways I can simplify my CSS
- as of now the styles are designed for desktop viewing only
Things I plan on doing in the future:
- redesign for mobile/tablet compatibility
- allow for multiple vista images
- edit user info + avatar picture upload
- rebuild using react
- yelp style search functionality (rating, category, map area, etc)