Way to go @yaananth
Way to go @yaananth
Hi @basemax Thank you so much for all of your contributions
Also, thank you for bringing up the maximum number of replies, that is set up to keep our Community safe. This is something we need to keep in mind during initiatives like this. I have noted it for the future, thank you!
Thank you @Simran-B exactly, the more active you are the more items you can do.
One week into the Community Clean-up and WOW…
Community members and Hubbers have participated and have replied to 224 topics in the clean-up topic categories
From our starting number on June 8th here’s the percentage of topics that have been replied to in each category:
It has been an honor to see everyone jump and participate. Thank you so much for all of your contributions!!
Our goal is to hit 25% by 6/19. Thank you for helping us move the needle!!
Thank you all again for sharing your expertise in this clean-up. We welcome anyone that still wants to join and help us continue to move those percentages
Just after that progress report, I digged up some more topics
- Pull Request "Flair" for repository owners? - #2 by mpboom
- Dependabot CVE-2021-3281 Remediation ignores older Versions - #2 by mpboom
- What event is triggered for turning a Draft PR into a PR? - #2 by mpboom
- Remove implicit rebase during merge when branch is up to date - #2 by mpboom
- Error when running a Build with maven - #2 by mpboom
- How to get the description or name from a release in actions - #2 by mpboom
Yes, let’s hit that 25% goal on actions. I’m not really an expert, but will try to filter out some feature requests / “easy” questions in the coming days!
Awesome!! Thank you so much @mpboom
Some more Actions-related replies:
- Workflow editor scrollbar is to short
- Copy a file to a directory outside a GitHub Action Runner directory
- Override .npmrc?
- Use workflow dispatch and show dispatched workflow in checks
- Service Tor does not use Control Port from its config file in Github Actions
- Confusing email message
- Github actions support for ctest
- Under what circumstances is the github actions job context status property cancelled?
- Actions was not triggered for force push
- How to run a command in background in Windows GitHub Action
- How to assume user that started action?
- How to get the description or name from a release in actions
- Custom action: whitespace in input parameters is getting trimmed
I also just answered this question.
I’ve started reviewing the issues and start answering them as per my knowledge
Waiting for a Badge in my GitHub (jainamoswal) community profile.
I’ve tackled something that hundreds of others have passed on…
Not exactly what the OP wanted as a default.
Glad to see some community building here - its been a year since I first encountered this undiscovered country and, while the views are high, the participation is mostly null.
Thanks for joining the party
Badge will be coming your way once we close the clean-up fun.
Oh wow you found a topic outside of the clean-up date.
Thanks for answering! Mind if I ask how you landed on that topic?
I was researching issues in actions topic and happened upon it. It seemed kind of rude that nobody could help this guy with best practices in user management in actions.
I didn’t read that there were any boundaries in the sampling although that makes sense to keep things fresh.
Here’s a bunch more:
- How to access files that are committed inside GitHub Actions? - #2 by airtower-luna
- Workflow jobs API lacks sequential jobs that haven't started yet - #2 by airtower-luna
- Github Actions, Selenium, Python and Firefox - #2 by airtower-luna
- Refusing to allow a GitHub App to create or update workflow without `workflows` permission - #2 by airtower-luna
- Create a public branch from a private repository - #2 by airtower-luna
- Get artifacts from triggering workflow via workflow_run event - #2 by airtower-luna
One or two weren’t that old, but they still count, right?
Thanks so much @andy-brainome for providing that context.
Thank you @airtower-luna every little bit counts
Our main goal is to keep conversations going on topics prior to the clean-up, however, every comment is a
Just Tried to solve this issue
And for this day a few Action issues as well, since we seem to be falling behind there:
- Unable to build and deploy my project
- Self-hosted runners - offline - #2 by mpboom
- Self Host Runner - Avoid Event fire in the webhook endpoint - #2 by mpboom
- Feature Request: Enable GITHUB_ACTIONS to be configured to access releases tarballs of other repositories - #2 by mpboom
- GitHub action install google font - #2 by mpboom
- Why is my actions being skipped for this?
Yay!! Thank you all for your continued contributions
I will post an update in a few hours
Participated in some more topics! More replies to come
Quite a few for tonight:
- Accessing job's runs-on value - #2 by airtower-luna
- Can't git pull from remote repo but can git clone in GitHub Actions - #2 by airtower-luna
- Lerna Publish: Run single job for multiple tags? - #2 by airtower-luna
- Allow unused keys in workflow yaml files - #2 by airtower-luna
- Branches-ignore filter not working for pull-request events - #2 by airtower-luna
- SmartThings Connect Error - #2 by airtower-luna
This last one is a variant of a question I’ve seen show up a few times, about using workflows to do maintenance on self-hosted runners. The shared part of the answer is generally “don’t”.
Maybe it’s worth updating the documentation and point out remote management tools and cron as options.