I hope your day is going well and having no code issues ! For my case I do and I need help.
I am facing a challenge as follow: So I have 3 time ranges
- The first one from 2.00AM until 4.00PM (> 2AM && <= 04 PM)
- The second time range is from : 4.00PM until 8.00PM (> 4PM && <= 8 PM)
- The third time range is from : 8.00PM until 2.00AM (> 8PM && <= 02AM)
I have also a driver that is allowed to do trips. A Trip is known with both properties: timeStart(timestamp) and timeEnd(timestamp)
I want to know how long does it take for a certain trip to last between the time ranges I mentioned above! Also, I want the result to be in minutes.
- timeStart : 1618905600000 // Tuesday , April 20,2021 08:00:00AM
- timeEnd : 1618920000000 // Tuesday , April 20,2021 12:00:00PM
The result for each range should be :
- Range1(2AM-4PM) : 4 hours(240 minutes )
- Range2(4PM-8PM) : 0 minutes
- Range3(8PM-2AM) : 0 minutes
Note: A trip can last longer than 24 hours/day.