I’ve tried this a bunch of ways and I’m assuming it’s just not possible. If I have an app that’s managedon my website, the flow I currently have is…
- The user is on my site, they click login with GitHub
- They’re directed to GitHub and authorize via OAuth (using the App Oauth credentials)
- They get directed back to my site where I can store their token/email etc.
- Then prompt them to install the app
- They’re directed back to GitHub to approve access to organisation(s) and it’s repos
- The come back to my site and I can pair their Installation ID to their account.
This seems super long winded and complicated flow for most users, I was hoping I’d be able to authorize the user at the same time as installing the app but I can’t see how.
Is there a workaround for this or accepted approach to reduce these steps and make the process cleaner for users, while still getting an Installation ID and the current user token?