My app on gh-pages works very nicely, except that https://www.mltp.ly leads to “Connection isn’t private” warning page. Following are relevant info:
- Custom domain in use is: mltp.ly
- “Enforce HTTPS” is enabled via repo settings.
- Relevant DNS records:
- mltp.ly A 18.104.22.168
- www.mltp.ly CNAME mltp.ly
- This is a pure frontend site that leverages React.js (not sure if relevant).
Here’s how different URLs behave:
- http://mltp.ly OK and redirects to https://mltp.ly as expected.
- http://www.mltp.ly OK and redirects to https://mltp.ly as expected.
- https://www.mltp.ly returns a warning “Connection isn’t private”. After adding site to browser’s certificate exceptions, request redirects to https://mltp.ly via “HTTP 301”, and works as expected for subsequent requests.
So that last case is the problematic one. Any clues why is shows a warning instead of redirecting to the apex domain right away?
Thanks for your help, and apologies if I missed relevant documentation.