I cannot accept an invitation to contribute to a repository. It just keeps taking me to an HTTP 404 error page. I’ve searched the help here and, yes, I am logged into a verified GitHub account with the email address to which the invitation was sent. So this should work right?
What am I missing? Isn’t the only “identity” on an invitation the email address? Or is it something else?
Here’s the sequence of events.
- My boss sent me an invitation - to my work email address - to contribute to a repo
- I clicked the invitation and it took me to GitHub.
- Clicked “Accept” but got the error page.
- Realized my logged-in github account was a personal one, with a different email address so I logged out, and created a new GitHub account with my work email address.
- I verified the new GitHub account (from the email message) and then logged in
- Went back to my boss’ original invitation to contribute and tried it again. Same result. HTTP 404
Is there some other step I need to take? I’ve tried this on two different browsers (Chrome and Edge) with extensions enabled and disabled