To explain a little better:
- I locally cloned a repository (
git clone https://github.com/jarun/nnn.git)
- I made a branch for the changes
- I made (trivial) changes to make it compile on macOS 10.11 (using mach_gettime.c)
- I happily used it for some time
- I merged
origin\masterthat meanwhile had new commits into my branch
- Works fine and I’d like to upload it to my account, in case it’s useful – and for backup
How do I upload to my github, so that it is a fork of the original project?
According to what I’ve read, I should first remove the link to the remote.
I suspect that would make it like it’s a new project, not tied to the original one.
Otherwise I can fork through github first, clone that and redo the changes – in this case no big deal, but I thought I’d ask for the future.