Not sure whether this was the right place for a simple feature request, but if nothing else it is a placeholder for the request.
The current online Wiki editor supports a number of markup langauge syntaxes, allowing the creator of a page to choose the preferred markup language syntax.
Using many of the syntaxes, icons appear in the top bar, providing shortcuts to common markup (header, bold, link), as well as a small (?) icon providing a limited markup help.
Other markup language choices have no active icons, though.
Markup languages currently supported by Github Wiki pages:
- AsciiDoc Formatting guide
- Creole Cheatsheet
- Markdown (default) Cheatsheet
- MediaWiki Cheatsheet
- Org-mode Cheatsheet
- Pod (should be renamed to “Pod::Pandoc”) Pod::Pandoc Documentation
- RDoc Cheatsheet
- Textile Overview
- reStructuredText Cheatsheet
- Provide compact syntax help via the [?] icon – for all supported markup languages (can be omitted if 2. is implemented
- Provide a link to a markup help/cheatsheet page – for all supported markup languages
- Locate the link in the top bar, to the right of …
Edit mode: MarkupLanguageDropbox
- Either link to an existing markup cheatsheet, or create/copy and host it on Github.
- Cheatsheets should open in a new tab, possibly using a named target, to reuse an existing tab holding the same cheatsheet.