I’ve had some minor experiences with web development/design in the past, but this is the first time I’m trying to figure it out on my own and I’m running into some issues.
- I bought my domain, www.wampastomper.com, through Namecheap a few days ago.
- I created a repository found here.
- I set my custom domain under settings to “wampastomper.com”, then I set the 4 A Name Records on Namecheaps Advanced DNS settings per this guide.
- With all of that in place, I left it for 24 hours and then attempted to go to the website. It yields one of two results; wampastomper.com returns “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED”. www.wampastomper.com returns a GitHub 404 there isnt a pages site here.
- I’ve now forwarded the DNS / domain pointing to CloudFlare and I’m still getting the same errors.
I’m aware that I haven’t used Jekyll to set up a webpage for the repository, but I was under the impression that you can just have a index.html file in the master branch for it to work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!