I have set up a workflow in my resume repo.
The workflow consists of a single job with these steps:
- compiles my resume from latex and generates a PDF
- creates a release
- uploads the PDF to the release
- Pings my website repo which downloads the new resume
All of these run as a single job. Should I split them up into multiple jobs?
I was thinking of 3 jobs
- Compile the pdf and upload it as an artifact
- Download the artifact, upload it as a relese
- ping the repo
Logically seperating the job makes sense but there does seem to be some overhead to creating a new job. Should I continue with a single job approach? Here’s my workflow? Do feel free to add any comments or suggestions