Thank you for responding. Sorry I posted twice, there was a bug for some reason the first post got deleted and then put back and I couldn’t delete it after that.
I changed the font to Helvetica which you can see by the console on both the images and the ‘e’, as Roboto has a much more relaxed ‘e’ and Helvetica has the tip of the ‘e’ perfectly straight.
Here is the image for the site hosted at Pages.
And here is the same exact site, copied by putting ‘git clone https://github.com/t3hbrian/t3hbrian.github.io’ and then making the change to Helvetica, then pushing *all* of the changes and files into the master at GitHub.
As you can see, the one hosted at GitHub pages has significantly larger text for no reason. As you can see the font size is set in REMs. For anyone else reading this who aren’t familiar with those, they are a size BASED on the root html element font size, which is where it gets its ‘r’ in the title.
You can see in the screenshot that the root is 62.5% of the default font size. This is for those who change their default font size that the website would adapt to that font. The default for everyone who does not change it, however, is 100% = 16px. So if you go into the REM and you type in 1 REM it would put it as 16px. To make the math easier, though, you can set it to 62.5%, which makes 1 REM be 10px, 0.1 REM be 1px, you get the idea.
My thought is that perhaps GitHub Pages is enforcing a certain size, say, 14 pixels, overwriting the 62.5% size. I put this in the original post but I forgot that I just set it to 100%. GitHub would still, in this idea, overwrite that. But I tried it with both being set to 16 pixels.
Same deal, pushing the exact same thing. Here’s GitHub Pages.
Here’s the exact same repository, exact same everything, opened on my computer locally.
I’m really confused. I have no idea what’s going on and it should theoretically be the same, I’m pretty stuck and I can’t think of anything else.