It sounds like what you want is copyright permission to use a particular library that Adafruit publishes on GitHub?
If my understanding is correct, then I have some clarifications.
- GitHub doesn’t have any copyright claim on the library you mention since it was published by Adafruit
- We can’t give legal advice with regard to copyright (or any other legal matter)
If you’re asking about a library that you found in a repository on GitHub, you’ll want to look for a file that is named
LICENSE. It should spell out what legal obligations you have when using that library. Again, we can’t answer any questions about the license or give legal advice, for that you should contact your own legal counsel.
If you want to contact the maintainers of a piece of software that you found in a repository on GitHub, the best way to contact the maintainers of that software is to:
- Check the README for instructions on how to operate the software, pointers to documentation or troubleshooting info
- Check the SUPPORT file, if one exists
- Check the CONTRIBUTING guide, if one exists
All of these documents can be found, if they exist, in the repository where you found the software itself.
I hope that helps! Let us know if you have more questions.