Dear Community Members,
Kindly help me, I am not from the technical background so can someone help me from scratch for the below tasks:
- Use any language, framework, and library of your choice
- Task#1 need to be completed without UI interaction (pure API)
- Task#2 need to be completed with UI interaction/automation.
Build a simple CLI-based application/tool that accepts the username of any GitHub user ( eq. Torvalds ). And display following information:
- Username = <github_username> ( eq. torvalds )
- Name = ( eq. Linus torvalds )
- Created on = ( eq. 2011-09-03 )
And, for each of the repositories owned by this user, display following information:
Repository 1 = (eq. Linux )
- Stars = ( eq. 114193 as of now)
- Releases = ( eq. 0 )
Repository 2 = …
- Stars = …
- Releases = …
The application must call GitHub API (see references section)
Test the GitHub webpage with UI automation. For any given GitHub username , do following:
- Start with opening GitHub page
- Search the given username
- Find any repository belong to that user and get Number of stars (from UI)
Assert the stars value is correct by comparing with result returned from API (task#1)
- Note: Please consider that – UI result for stars count might not completely match with result from API (eq. 144k from UI versus 144193 from API) but the assertion logic mark this as test pass .
- Push the code of task#1 and task#2 to GitHub with:
- Repository name:
- branch name: feature/qa_made_yours
- Optional : consider some best practices on git (readme, gitignore, etc…)
- Share the GitHub link with me.
I appreciate your help and support.
Thank you, guys.