Just ran into this bug while writing an answer to one of the posts on our newly activated discussions.
This seems to only apply to answer-threads. What’s especially annoying about this is that you’ll lose the entire typing history of your written comment, which made me decide to report this bug here.
How to reproduce:
- Find a post in a discussions thread with answers enabled
- Comment on one of the posts, but don’t submit yet
- Select some text and press “r” for quoting it
- Your entire comment will be overwritten instead of the quoted text being appended to it
- You’ve lost the entire typing history and can’t restore it (CTRL+z) and you’ll have to rewrite everything again